Business Development Manager
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Business Development manager with great leadership skills to join our team of young achievers. The candidate should have excellent sales prospecting and leads conversion prowess, a proven experience & expertise to sell products & services and an impressive interpersonal relationship of building and maintaining good relationships with customers and users.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets.
- Generate leads and cold call prospective customers.
- Meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone.
- Foster and develop relationships with customers/clients.
- Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business.
- Work strategically – carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes.
- Have a good understanding of the businesses’ products or services and be able to advise others about them.
- Ensure staff are on board throughout the company, and understand the need for change and what is required of them.
- Train members of your team, arranging external training where appropriate.
- Discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department.
- Developing goals for the team and business growth and ensuring they are met.
- Liaise with the finance team departments as appropriate.
- Seek ways of improving the way the business operates.
- Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate.
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world.
- Help to plan sales campaigns and create a sales pipeline.
- Negotiate pricing with customers, and suppliers in some cases.
- Carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present findings to senior. management/the board of directors.
- Develop the business sales and marketing strategy.
- Master’s degree in business, marketing or related field with at least 5 years’ experience in sales, marketing or related field.
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company’s business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Implements the strategies and techniques used to ensure that customers have a positive experience with the organization
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
How to apply?
Suitable candidates meeting the above criteria can send their CV & Cover letter to email@example.com