An event coordinator will be responsible for overseeing particular tasks related to the event planning process. He/she will be responsible for meeting with vendors at the venue to help with set-up, collecting (pre-agreed upon) supplies and decorations, and working with staff to ensure the completion of a successful event.
Job Title: Event Coordinator
Designation: Event Coordinator
Reports to: Partnership and Outreach Specialist
Location: Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur 44600, Nepal
Shift: Standard (09:00 AM to 06:00 PM) from Monday to Friday
An event coordinator will be responsible for overseeing particular tasks related to the event planning process. He/she will be responsible for meeting with vendors at the venue to help with set-up, collecting (pre-agreed upon) supplies and decorations, and working with staff to ensure the completion of a successful event. Overally, he/she will be responsible for every part of event preparations, such as choosing venues, approving menus, developing seating plans, and evaluating success afterward.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan the event from beginning to end based on the needs, target audience, and objectives.
- Preparing the required budget and allocate it accordingly.
- Research, find, and choose the best vendors.
- Hire volunteers as per the requirement of the event.
- Coordinate with the manager, event partners, and sponsors.
- Oversee event’s promotional efforts.
- Oversee all employees (event coordinators, caterers, volunteers, etc.)
- Prepare a detailed task list before the event and make sure it is followed throughout.
- Prepare a post-event promotional plan and oversee its execution.
- Make recommendations to improve the event’s success.
- Proposal creation, meeting, coordinating, vendor management, event management, and post-event reporting.
- Research tech industry trends and follow tech patterns in events.
Skills and Qualifications
- Task Related skills and Certifications
- A degree in public relations, marketing, hotel management, or a related discipline is recommended.
- Proven experience of 2+ years in managing big-scale events.
- Competencies and Soft Skills
- Project management expertise.
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing approaches for event management.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills; computer savvy; MS Office, GSuite competent.
- Outstanding organizational and management abilities
- Problem-solving ability and customer-service orientation.
- Must be a team member with strong leadership abilities.
What we offer
- Work in a multinational company operating in the Cloud & ICT domain, based out of the UK and operating in Australia, India, Nepal, Pakistan, and Bangladesh
- Best in class open, progressive, professional, and equal opportunity work environment
- Closely knit and supportive team members and a culture where your contributions, opinions, and diversity is welcome, respected, & encouraged
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary skill areas (including team management & leadership) in a vibrant start-up ecosystem with deep work involving world-class leaders like Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Alibaba, DigitalOcean, and Facebook
- Opportunity to travel regionally (as part of assignment/ training and development or delivery ) in Nepal, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, or Srilanka
How to apply?
Suitable candidates meeting the above criteria are requested to send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the further selection process. You are requested to clearly mention the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.