Sr. DevOps Engineer
We are looking for someone who has an excellent understanding of systems architecture, understands core CS concepts well, and is able to reason about system behavior rather than merely working with the toolset.
Job Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Designation: Senior DevOps Engineer
Reports to: Chief Technical Officer (CTO)
Location: Bakhundole, Lalitpur, Nepal
Shift: Standard (09:00 AM to 06:00 PM) from Monday to Friday
As a Senior DevOps, you are required to have strong knowledge and hands on in both the Dev and Ops part of DevOps. We are looking for someone who has an excellent understanding of systems architecture, understands core CS concepts well, and is able to reason about system behavior rather than merely working with the toolset. We believe that only such a person will be able to set a compelling direction for the team and excite those around them
Roles and Responsibilities
- Deployment, management, and administration of web services in a public cloud environment
- Design and develop solutions for deploying highly secure, highly available, performant and scalable services in elastically provisioned environments
- Design and develop CI/CD solutions from development through production
- Own all operational aspects of running web services including automation, monitoring and alerting, reliability and performance
- Have direct impact on running a business by thinking about innovative solutions to operational problems
- Drive solutions and communication for production impacting incidents
- Running technical projects and being responsible for project-level deliveries
Skills and Qualifications
- Task Related and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 3-7 years professional experience in DevOps, with at least 1/2 years in Linux / Unix system
- Past experience as a senior developer or application architect strongly preferred.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Zookeeper, Consul, HAProxy, ELK-Stack, Kafka, PostgreSQL.
- Experience with AWS orchestration services such as ECS and EKS.
- Strong scripting experience in Python and Bash
- Deep experience administering, running and deploying AWS based services
- Solid experience with Terraform, Packer and Docker or their equivalents
- Knowledge of security protocols and certificate infrastructure.
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Broad experience with cloud hosted applications including virtualization platforms, relational and non relational data stores, reverse proxies, and orchestration platforms
- Competencies and Soft Skills
- Comfortability talking to customers and experience working directly with engineering to solve support requests
- Understanding of security best practices
- Attention to detail, and written and verbal communication skills
- Must have excellent documentation skills
What We Offer
- 5 working days in a week (09:00 am-06:00 pm)
- A multinational company located in UK, Australia, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and India
- Flexible work environment
- Best in the classwork environment with friendly team members (Refreshment, Recreational, team building activities)
- Exposure in team management and leadership
- Opportunity to travel countries as part of training and development
- Work in the leading firm in Cloud Computing in Nepal
- Work in multidisciplinary areas in the start-up ecosystem
- Get to know the working culture of companies like Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Alibaba being affiliates for them in Nepal
How to apply?
Suitable candidates meeting the above criteria are requested to send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the further selection process. You are requested to clearly mention the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.