Genese Solution Ltd., a global cloud computing consulting company. Headquartered in Plymouth science park, Plymouth, UK, we are operating in 7 countries under 5 continents across the world. We have been enabling Digital Transformation to our clients across Eurasia with a fervent team of 200+ talented and certified cloud professionals, 500+ partnered employees and 6000+ students in its cloud academy. We are advanced consulting partner of Amazon Web Services Inc. Aside we partnered with GCP and Huawei to drive cloud services adoption in Bangladesh.
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Dhaka (Mohakhali)
Mode of Work: Hybrid (Mostly Work from Home)
Employment Status: Full Time
Closing Date: TBD
As a DevOps engineer you will introduce processes, tools, and methodologies to balance needs throughout the software/application development life cycle, from coding and deployment, to maintenance and updates in cloud environments like AWS, GCP, Huawei etc. You will reduce complexity, closing the gap between actions needed to quickly change an application, and the tasks that maintain its reliability. You will serve global customers of different time zone in Genese operating countries across the world.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Understanding customer requirements, incorporate internal stakeholder’s perspectives into it, conducting technical research and establish project KPIs
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Developing and implementing scalable, resilient and secure application solutions in public cloud environment including complex cloud native applications/solution
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex software/application and infrastructure issues, and develop tools/systems for task automation
- Troubleshoot and fix problems/bugs in code level, infrastructure level and application level for smooth functioning of applications in public cloud
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools in a particular platform and strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
Desired Skills, Expertise and Knowledge:
- Incumbent must have mastery of at least one programming and/or scripting language i.e.- Python or Bash
- Must be experienced in at least one of these cloud platforms – AWS, GCP or Huawei
- Excellent understanding of the software development lifecycle, UML Diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams and Flow Diagrams
- Solid experience in Linux administration
- Working knowledge on AWS and its services, such as EC2, VPC, ECS, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, API Gateway, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of and practical experience configuring load balancers in environments fit for production
- Detailed understanding and practical experience on the various cloud security vulnerabilities and how to mitigate them. Should be able to conduct in-depth research, apply necessary patches, and minimize & mitigate security loopholes as and when necessary.
- Practical knowledge of databases like SQL and NoSQL.
- Understanding of Shared Responsibility Model and Well-Architected Framework
- Understanding of infrastructure as code, particularly Terraform
- Good knowledge on various monitoring tools, such as Datadog, CloudWatch, Prometheus, or New Relic
- Knowledge of Nagios Monitoring tool
- Familiarity with agile technologies such as Kanban and Scrum
Desired Education and Experience:
- Graduation/Post-graduation from any reputed public/private (UGC approved) universities preferably in engineering
- 2-3 years of experience is required as DevOps Engineer
- Minimum 5 years of experiences is required for DevOps team lead
- AWS certification (Solutions Architect) is required (completed or ongoing training will be considered as well)
- AWS Specialty certification will be added advantage
Compensation & Other Benefits:
- Attractive salary and other benefits
- Weekly 2 holidays
- Festival Bonus: 2
How to apply?
Suitable candidates meeting the above criteria can send their CV & Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org