Chief Technical Officer (CTO)
Chief Technical Officer (CTO) is responsible to oversee all technical aspects and technological resources of an organization for the purpose of organizational growth. You will have to communicate with employees, stakeholders, and customers to ensure our company’s technologies are used appropriately. In this role, you must balance the long-term needs of a company alongside its immediate ones.
Job Title: Chief Technical Officer (CTO)
Designation: Chief Technical Officer (CTO)
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Location: Bakhundole, Lalitpur, Nepal
Shift: Standard (09:00 AM to 06:00 PM) from Monday to Friday
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with the CEO & the board to create a detailed technological strategy & roadmap in line with the vision, mission and goals of the company. This will include:
- Conducting domain/ vertical specific technological analysis to translate the long term vision into actionable IT related goals.
- Advising the Global CTO & CEO of the latest developments & innovations in the industry / domain to leverage and translate the benefits into business advantage.
- Translating the ideas & concepts into concrete products and services in line with the vision mission & goals.
- Create a culture of excellence, innovation and engagement in the IT vertical
2. Provide technical leadership, direction, guidance and mentorship to multi-disciplinary/ multi locational global IT workforce involved in DevOps, IT / system Audit, Cloud engineering, technical support and projects. This will include:
- Ensuring excellent execution, delivery, efficiency, quality and customer engagement by leading the teams through specific technical projects & challenges witnessed in the development life-cycle.
- Streamlining existing technical and management process decision-making leveraging international methodologies, frameworks and standards including standardization, code reviews, reusable code base development, best practice, source control, and deployment processes.
- Increase the technical capabilities of the company by acquiring industry relevant certifications & accreditations for the company.
- Creating networking safeguards that prevent security breaches and keep client information confidential.
- Direct the development and possible implementation of policies in instances of a breach, also known as disaster recovery plans
- Create a culture of excellence & customer centricity
- Drive urgency, accountability, professionalism and pride of work & delivery in the IT vertical for delivering product & service excellence.
- Interact with stakeholders and customers across different domains & use feedback to design innovations and improvements to technology infrastructure to help the organization stay ahead of the curve.
- To liaise with Product/ marketing & business development to understand functional and non-functional requirements and align with the business strategy.
- To instigate cross-team ideas and initiatives and drive products and services together.
- Attend pre-sales meetings and convince clients of our technical capability.
- Develop products, conduct engineering validations, and pitch to the BD team.
- Create a reactive support team to handle ad-hoc customer queries.
- Should be able to create right sourcing strategies & help in recruiting suitable resources, develop career plans, training as well as performance reviews for cross functional, multi geography teams.
- To drive continuous development and innovation through implementing right practices and behaviors across the teams.
- To map the industry ecosystems to look for the right tools & methods for team growth examining the blend of skills required.
- To design & deploy quick onboarding, reduced learning curve, accelerated ramp up & cross functional deployment for inducting new members into the team and bringing them up to speed as quickly as possible.
- Drive team engagement strategies and ensure value driven culture of delivery excellence, accountability, cohesion & mutual respect among the team members
- Mentor & coach team members for career progression & growth.
Skills and Qualifications
Task Related Certifications
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field;
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field is a plus
- At least 10+ years of experience in IT and management.
- Technical background with experience in software development or web technologies, certifications in relevant domain will be an advantage
- Large systems software design and development experience, including experience in building web and native mobile applications plus backend APIs
- Knowledge of Cloud computing model
Competencies and Soft Skills
- Knowledge / expertise in
- Solid foundation in design, data structures, and algorithms, and strong analytical and debugging skills with customer-facing experience.
- Knowledge of the latest technological advances that drive business objectives
- Knowledge of all functions and roles within the IT- department
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Knowledge of best information security practices
- Deliver & execute with finesse, multiple tasks and responsibilities under pressure.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- Excellent leadership skills with proven ability to coach, influence, engage, empower & drive cross-functional teams across different geographies & locations to achieve challenging business objectives.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills including diagnostic skills to identify the root causes and the ability to design & execute effective resolution strategies /resolving problems in projects & operations.
What We Offer
- 5 working days in a week (09:00 am-06:00 pm)
- Work in a multinational company operating in the Cloud & ICT domain, based out of the UK and operating in Finland, Australia, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh & Srilanka
- Best in class open, progressive, professional, and equal opportunity work environment
- Closely knit and supportive team members and a culture where your contributions, opinions, and diversity is welcome, respected, & encouraged
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary skill areas (including team management & leadership) in a vibrant start-up ecosystem with deep work involving world-class leaders like Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Zoom, Alibaba, DigitalOcean, and Facebook
- Opportunity to travel regionally (as part of assignment/ training and development or delivery ) in Nepal, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, or Srilanka
Suitable candidates meeting the above criteria are requested to send their CV and covering letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role together with your responses to the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the further selection process. You are requested to clearly mention the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.