Sr. Data Engineer
A Data Engineer will be responsible for expanding and optimizing data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
Job Title: Sr. Data Engineer
Designation: Data Engineer
Reports to: CTO
Location: Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur 44600, Nepal
Shift: Standard (09:00 AM to 06:00 PM) from Monday to Friday
A Data Engineer will be responsible for expanding and optimizing data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. This role requires a significant set of technical skills, including a deep knowledge of SQL database design and multiple programming languages.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Streamline data processes through various data sources for the group
- Create and maintain data pipeline architecture in AWS
- Create data tools/solutions to assist stakeholders to ingest large data to perform complex quantitative analysis
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Interface with the Data & Infrastructure teams for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in data systems.
- Establish processes to perform on-going data monitoring to ensure data quality for quantitative modeling and application engineering exercises
- Interface with Vendors and establish data pipelines to extract data via API automation
Skills and Qualifications
Task Related skills and Certifications
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of database ○ Experience in data transformation, data structures, metadata, and workload management
- Experience in analyzing data and establishing data quality check protocols ○ Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Familiarity with all AWS data products especially – Athena, Redshift, DynamoDB, Neptune, Glue, Lake Formation
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Scala, etc.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights using AWS QuickSight
- Experience with scheduling software and shell scripting (UNIX/Linux) ○ Familiarity with other AWS services required to build data infrastructure
Competencies and Soft Skills
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Demonstrated experience building collaborative partnerships.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Willingness to build professional relationships with staffs and clients
What We Offer
- 5 working days in a week (09:00 am-06:00 pm)
- Work in a multinational company operating in the Cloud & ICT domain, based out of the UK and operating in Finland, Australia, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh & Srilanka
- Best in class open, progressive, professional, and equal opportunity work environment
- Closely knit and supportive team members and a culture where your contributions, opinions, and diversity is welcome, respected, & encouraged
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary skill areas (including team management & leadership) in a vibrant start-up ecosystem with deep work involving world-class leaders like Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Zoom, Alibaba, DigitalOcean, and Facebook
- Opportunity to travel regionally (as part of assignment/ training and development or delivery ) in Nepal, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, or Srilanka
Suitable candidates meeting the above criteria are requested to send their CV and covering letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role together with your responses to the selection criteria to email@example.com .
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the further selection process. You are requested to clearly mention the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.