Ashlesha International is an organization that was established with the sole purpose to empower women in Nepal. The company provides training to women and help them to sell the products manufactured in the Nepalese market. Ashlesha international operates its business through a Facebook page called “Potestore” and sells products online nationally and internationally. Furthermore, Ashlesha international makes a small amount of profit from their sales commission.
Ashlesha International needed to use user management and access control management tools along with finance and management tool to assist them in their day to day business activities.
The AWS was referred to be the solution to the problem.
Due to the high availability and scalability in the object store provided by AWS and the flexibility of using private network access using Client VPN, Ashlesha International choose AWS for its infrastructure. From an architectural perspective, infrastructure, automation, and proximity to the customer were key factors to choose the AWS.
Being the one and only Advanced AWS Partner located in Nepal, Genese Solutions was chosen as the AWS partner.
Genese Solutions with its certified and highly trained developers and solution architects has been making its name as Advanced AWS Partner of Nepal.
Incorporating a variety of products into the cloud computing platform, a potent solution as mentioned below was created:
- Using EC2 for Windows in a VPC.
- Using Active Directory within the VPC for private and secure networking for access control.
- Client VPN with AD authentication and Security groups were used as an additional security measure to restrict unauthorized access to the server.
- For API logging CloudTrail Dashboard has been setup which uploads log to CloudWatch Logs.
- Further security is provided on the OS level using windows security.
- Using AWS FSX for file sharing for multiple servers.
- AWS ACM is used for issuing the Certificate.
Result And Benefits
In searching for a cost-effective cloud architecture solution, Ashlesha International was particularly drawn to several AWS features. Using the best practices the complete solution to the problem was provided using the Active Directory and other services to give them the fully functional desired product and they were able to run the team management software in windows server securely and without caring about the infrastructure.